This sleep quiz, adapted from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, is an important tool designed to easily determine if a sleep disorder may be present or be a factor in your overall health and well-being.
The taking of this assessment and the results obtained in no way substitutes advise from a medical professional. Please begin by checking the box to any of the statements that apply to you in the form of your choice below.
Do you have Narcolepsy?
Check all that apply:
- I have fallen asleep while working, eating or speaking with someone.
- I have fall asleep during the day, no matter how hard I try to stay awake.
- I see vivid dreamlike images when waking up or falling asleep.
- I feel alert after a brief nap but then the alertness quickly changes to sleepiness
- I have episodes of feeling paralyzed sometimes when I'm sleeping.
- I have awakened to find that for several seconds I could not move
If you answered yes to three (2) or more questions in this section, you may be at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a potentially serious disorder that can lead to increased risk of heart attack, stroke, or death if left untreated. We recommend you visit a specialist at Sleep Services of Maryland. Call for an appointment today or click here