This sleep quiz, adapted from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, is an important tool designed to easily determine if a sleep disorder may be present or be a factor in your overall health and well-being.
The taking of this assessment and the results obtained in no way substitutes advice from a medical professional. Please begin by checking the box to any of the statements that apply to you in the form of your choice below.
Do you have Insomnia?
Check all that apply:
- I worry about things and have trouble relaxing.
- During the day I often feel fatigued, moody, sleep and have lack of energy.
- Thoughts often race through my mind, preventing me from falling asleep.
- I have problems falling asleep during the week, but sleep well during weekends or on vacation.
- I often take 30 minutes or more to fall asleep.
- I wake up during the night and have problems falling back asleep.
- I wake up earlier than I would like.
- I anticipate a problem with sleep several times a week.
- I often feel sad or depressed.
If you answered yes to three (3) or more questions in this section, you may be at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a potentially serious disorder that can lead to increased risk of heart attack, stroke, or death if left untreated. We recommend you visit a specialist at Sleep Services of Maryland. Call for an appointment today or click here