Sleeping is as crucial for well being as eating is. Yet millions of people face difficulty in falling asleep or settle asleep. This kind of sleeping disorder is termed as insomnia. The incapability to sleep can end up with results like low energy, fatigue, inability to concentrate, irritability and in extreme cases it can lead to hallucinations. These effects can change your individuality and negatively impact your work and domestic life. If you are a sufferer of insomnia, then here are a few methods you can use to get a little bit of rest.
How to handle insomnia and sleeplessness?
- Exercise and Diet: Try to avoid eating too much right before heading to bed. The full stomach can cause weight gain, but along with it, overly filled stomach can also make you feel uncomfortable and thus give you sleepless nights.
- Reduce your caffeine intake as much as possible (coffee, chocolate and soda)
- To keep mind and body healthy exercise once in a day, but avoid exercising right prior going to bed, as the amplified energy level will make it hard to fall asleep.
- Limit the sum of naps you take throughout the day if it leads you sleepless at night.
- Manage stress: while resting in bed do not think about the stress you are facing in your life. It’s hard to try, but if you avoid thinking of things which lead to stress in your then you might get a sound sleep.
- For avoiding the stress full issues at night, try to think about the happy moments of your life while resting in bed.
- Acknowledge some other time of day to solve the stress full issues.
- Write down notes, how you will solve the problems, as over thinking in bed can surely lead to insomnia.
- Bedtime schedule: try to go to bed at a specific time, which is not too late or too early and try to wake up at a specific time in the morning.
- Before going to bed, take a warm water bath or listen to some relaxing music.
- Try to follow a strict bedtime routine every day.